About Me

My photo
Welcome to my personal blog! I'm here to expose my writing skills and express my personal views in hopes of influencing those who are unaware of all things REAL. Check out www.pinayinthecity.webs.com to learn more about Filipino and Asian culture in the heart of Phoenix, AZ!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Don't go to school-you'll pay for it!

OMG. Why didn't anyone tell me that pulling out all that money from Sallie Mae for a college degree would be a HUGE mistake?!

Other than the fine print and the promise letters....where is the fair warning that paying all of that money back will leave you in a financial hole for 20 years??? At the time of borrowing and spending, I guess I forgot that eventually I would have to pay all that money and more back due to the outrageous interest!

On top of that, whoever decided 6months is a sufficient time span to go from graduate to millionaire is just plain stupid. I mean, realistically, student loans are unrealistic.

So I say to those who want to borrow, APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! And pleade to your parents to start a Savings/IRA/College Plan for you years before you apply.

Worse comes to worse, borrow very little to cover tuition. Also, look into consolidation programs early- as in, WAY before you graduate high school. Otherwise, you'll be in a time crunch to make a big financial decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment